Thursday 26 March 2015

Being Tall and Female Kind Of Sucks

"You're really tall, aren't you? I wish I had long legs like yours!"

Woah, woah, WOAH. Stop right there. No you don't and I'll tell you why:

  1. You get stupid remarks like this on a regular basis. It's hard not to reply with "omg really?! I never knew I was tall! Thanks for pointing it out! *sarcastic applause* (You should never tell a tall person that they are tall because they may not know this and go into extreme shock.)
  2. Clothes rarely fit right & if they do, you need to take out a loan to afford them. 
  3. Being tall usually means big feet - do you not realise how difficult it is to buy pretty shoes in a UK size 9? Thank the Shoe Lord for Vans, Converse, Toms and, in the summer, Havaianas.
  4. Men are intimidated by you. (to which I say "Man the eff up men!") I would LOVE to meet a guy who sees past my height and realises that I am a super nice and hilarious human bean. 
  5. Tall single men are a rare thing. Like unicorns. You know they exist but you never find one. 
  6. You get stared at like you are a freak of nature all the time. All. The. Time. 
Also, when did it become socially acceptable for strangers to point out how tall someone is? I had this lovely *coughs* encounter the other day:
Old Lady: "sorry to be personal, but how tall are you?"
Me: "6 foot."
Old Lady: "ooooh you look much taller than that!!"
THANKS ELDERLY MAD PERSON!! This is just as unacceptable as asking a woman her age or her weight. I am taller than most females you encounter so, FUDGING DEAL WITH IT!

....and now relaaaaaaaaaax. *breathes in* *breathes out*

I know I'm lucky that I am only 6ft as there are plenty of tall ladies out there who are MUCH taller than me, but you know, life is HARD sometimes. It's no surprise that I don't like leaving the house when the whole world is against you 24/7.

FACT: The 'world's tallest woman' is estimated to be 7ft 8in and 'Britain's tallest woman' is (as of 2011) 6ft 9in.

No comments:

Post a Comment