Saturday 27 June 2015

A Day on Herm

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside
Oh I do like to be beside the sea

Herm. The smallest of the Channel Islands. At only a mile-and-a-half long and half-a-mile wide, it's impossible to get lost (well, you can, but not for very long!) in this tiny paradise with clean beaches and breath-taking views.

Reaching the island is simple. Just hop onto a boat from St Peter Port in Guernsey and it's only a 15 minute ride away. To me, getting there is half the fun!

Shell Beach, which is where we spent our day, is only a 15-20 minute walk from the harbour and it will always be my favourite beach to visit. It's hard to believe that a beach as beautiful as this one is within a couple of hours reach from the UK!

IMG_0050
IMG_0051
IMG_0052
IMG_0054
IMG_0055
IMG_0057
Herm ice-cream is the best.
Here are some photos that I took on the boat-ride back:
IMG_0060
IMG_0062
IMG_0065
IMG_0075
IMG_0076
IMG_0077
I've only ever done day-trips to Herm, but one day I'd like to spend a night or two there, as I can imagine how quiet and magical the place would be after dark.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my socks that is an amazing beach I so want to go there now!!!

    ReplyDelete