Monday 8 June 2015

Facing My Blogging Fears


HAPPY 4 MONTHS OF BLOGGING TO ME!! YAYZ!!!

This is a big deal because usually I don't stick with anything for very long at all. For example, last July I tried to start another blog (now deleted) but I gave up on it within a month. 

Anyhoo, I digress. My blogging history is not what I wanted to talk about today.

I have a fear. Well, actually, I have many fears. Crowds of people, hearing noises when your home alone in the dead of night, flying insects...you get the picture, but my biggest fear of all at the moment is

IRL PEOPLE FINDING OUT THAT I BLOG*
*not including Shelle or Michelle in this. They are the only two people who do know.

When I say I'm scared of it, I mean that I'm absolutely terrified. I know. It's pathetic. If I was a psychologist, I would probably say that the reason behind this is because I'm afraid of being judged by my peers. Which is 100% true. 
The problem is, at my job, nothing (and I do mean nothing) is kept a secret for very long. You tell one person something and then suddenly BAM!! everyone knows. Heck, you could sneeze 5 times in a row and then 20 minutes later someone who works on a different floor to you could come up to you and say "OMG I heard you were dying of the plague!! Is this true???". 

If they all found out about my little cubby-hole (in my mind I picture it as Harry's cupboard under the stairs/bedroom in Harry Potter....) of the interwebs, I would probably die of embarrassment. Not because I'm ashamed of 'She's The Tall One' or anything like that. It's because I'm so damn proud of it and I don't want them to read it and be like "she's so boriiiiing!" or "eurgh. her writing style sucks." or even "why is she even bothering? no-one even cares about this." I can handle this from strangers online, but people I know? NOPENOPENOPE!!

I have contemplated on telling a couple of lovely people though, I know they aren't the type to judge and say horrid things or tell everyone and their cat's...uncle, it's just plucking up the courage to do so. I think I know what I'd say (when I say "say" I mean, FB message) to them though. It would probably go along the lines of this

"Oh hey guys. I...err...I've got a secret. I've been blogging for x-months and I thought that you might like to have a gander at it because you are Nice People and my friends and you get my weird/dorky ways...so...yeah. Please don't utter a word to anyone at work though. If you do I will run away and go to live in a cave up a mountain and you will never see me ever again."

Or something like that.


Have any of you people told others that you keep a blog? How did it go? Did they accept it and go on their merry way? Or are they judging you for all eternity?

See you soon my lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment