Saturday 31 October 2015

SPOOKY WEEK: Halloween Movies



I don't do scary movies. No way. No siree Bob. Nuh-huh. Nope nope nopitty NOPE.

The closest that I've ever got to watching one is when I thought I'd watch 'Final Destination'. Well. I regret that decision to this day. I only managed to watch half of it and then I had to turn it off because I am an impressionable young lady and I don't think I'd ever want to leave the house again if I'd seen it all!

So you can probably guess the type of Halloween movies that I like to watch. Here are the 4 that I've watched in the past few days. In fact, I am watching 'Hocus Pocus' whilst writing this.


Hocus Pocus
"Go to Hell!" "Oh! I've been there, thank you. I found it quite lovely."

Things I that I learnt from this film:
1. Always be nice to cats (especially black ones), as they may actually be a human cursed to spend eternity as a feline.
2. Want to stay safe from all magical things? Sit in a circle of salt.
3. Do not light suspicious looking candles if you are a virgin.

Practical Magic
This one is my absolute favourite to watch on All Hallow's Eve. This movie has everything: magic, drama, romance, comedy, Sandra Bullock and beautiful scenery and I want their house by the sea thankyoupleasemuchly.

"Always throw spilled salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck and fall in love whenever you can."

Sabrina the Teenage Witch
The movie that started it all for me. I can't remember if I saw this before I started watching the TV show or after but, who cares? All I care about is deciding which Harvey was cuter. At the moment (probably because I recently watched it), Movie!Harvey.
Also, the clothes! Did we really dress like that in the mid-90's? Fashion has come on a looooong way since then.
StTW is another example of being nice to cats.

The Addams Family
Morticia + Gomez = relationship goals.

On a related note, my Halloween costume this year is Addams Family themed as I'm going out dressed as a Homicidal Manic. (if you've seen the movie, you'll understand :D )


So my dearies. That's the end of Spooky Week 2015. I've had terrifyingly good fun and I hope you've enjoyed my rambles too.

See you in the afterlife! xx




No comments:

Post a Comment