Friday 18 December 2015

BLOGMAS DAY EIGHTEEN: Chocolate Reindeer Cookies


"but excuuuuuuse meeee," I hear you cry "where are days sixteen and seventeen??"

Well. I'll tell you. Some moron breathed on me and I caught the plague, so, until now, I have had no energy to write anything. Today was a chill-day for me though, so I was able to lie in and spend most of the morning in bed. 

I also made cookies!! Yaaaaaaaay!! (obviously the correct response to anyone when they announce they've made cookies.) They are ridiculously easy to make, here's how I did it:

Ingredients
85g unsalted butter [at room temperature. this is important.]
100g caster sugar
200g plain flour + some extra for when you roll out the dough
50g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
a pinch of salt

1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C or GM4.
2. Line your baking trays with greaseproof paper.
3. Mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This is why you need soft butter.
4. Whisk the egg and vanilla and gradually add to the butter and sugar.
5. Sift in the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. 
6. Combine to form a dough. It will be quite sticky, but don't worry.
7. Wrap with cling film and pop into the fridge to chill for an hour.
8. Sprinkle your surface and rolling pin with some flour and roll out the dough.


9. Cut into whatever shape you want, I chose reindeers because it's Christmas, and place carefully onto a baking tray.


10. Bake for 10-15 minutes. When you remove them from the oven they may still be slightly soft, but they will firm up a lit when cooled. Anyway, sometimes I like a softer cookie.
11. Once completely cooled, it's time to decorate them!


I'm looking forward to eating one later with a giant mug of hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows! *drools*

No comments:

Post a Comment