Wednesday 2 March 2016

Banana & Nutella Cake | BAKING

It seems absolutely ages since I last baked purely for myself. The last couple of times that I've made a a cake or cookies was for charity bake sales at work, and that's not the same thing as eating the end result yourself. Which I'm not going to do obvz, but you get the idea.

I saw this recipe on the interwebs and I knew I had to try it as I've got a about billionty jars of Nutella that I've somehow acquired. So the other day, I purposely bought more bananas than needed just so I could make it.

Ingredients

4 old bananas (Do not use ripe ones! They won't mush up as well)


100g soft butter
140g plain flour
1 tsp baking power
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 large eggs
140g light brown sugar
4 heaped tbsp Nutella 
2 tbsp milk

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 180c/350f/GM4 and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper or one of those handy loaf tin liners that you can buy.
2. Mush up the bananas with a fork in a mixing bowl. Don't worry if you can't get it totally smooth.
3. Add in the butter, flour, baking powder, bicarb. of soda, sugar and eggs. Stir until combined.


4. Pop the Nutella and the milk into a small pan and melt together on a low heat.


5. Add the Nutella into the mixing bowl and fold in. Don't mix it too thoroughly as you want to achieve a kind of marbled effect.
6. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and put it into the oven for 30-40 minutes. However, mine took about 50 minutes to cook through completely.
7. Leave to cool on a wire rack before removing from the tin.


Let's pretend that this a totally healthy cake which also counts to one of your 5-a-day, shall we?


See you soon!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment